Spring is here, and summer is right around the corner! No one wants to stay at home and organize during the summer, so now is the time to do some spring cleaning and organizing and you will be ready for … Continue reading
The other day I started thinking about all of the binders I am hoarding!!!! I decided that I am a binder hoarder/organizer! Let me just show you a few pictures from around the house……. As a Professional Organizer, I can … Continue reading
Yep, I said it, spring would be here before we knew it. This weekend it is going to be in the 70’s in Charleston and people will probably be in bikinis on the beach! So yes, spring has sprung, and there are some very exciting things happening at Ducks in a Row! I will tell you all about them very soon! Last time I wrote about spring organizing, so here is part 2.
Here are 5 more tips to help you get organized this spring:
1) Purge your file cabinets to ensure that out of date or unnecessary papers aren’t taking up valuable space and making it difficult for you to put away and retrieve the current ones.
2) Go through your email inbox. Delete what you can and create folders to keep what you need to reference at a later date. Try not to let inbox emails total more than 50 at any given time. I have written about Evernote before, but if you haven’t tried this app, you must!
3) Keep bathroom cabinets and drawers well maintained. Purge any old make-up, toiletries or hair products. Aim to have the product you are currently using plus one replacement for when it runs out.
4) Clear off the surfaces in your home. Keep the kitchen countertops, dining table, tops of chests of drawers, floors and any other surfaces clear of stuff that belongs elsewhere. Remember that everything should have a “place”.
5) Clean out your junk drawer(s). Empty out items and separate into categories – like items together. Toss anything that can be thrown away. Put away any items that don’t belong there. Use drawer dividers to create sections within the drawer to house the items that remain.
Don’t forget about our spring organizing special….3 hours of help for $100….this is a great discount!!!!
Some of you may have made a New Years resolution to becoming more organized in 2013. I personally am going to lose 10 pounds, be more patient with my kids, and grow my fingernails. These are my resolutions almost every … Continue reading
You don’t have to use boring metal file cabinets anymore. I have been using some fun file storage options lately to help clients keep their papers in order. Here are a few options that are especially cute: